Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres
George George is offline

Default OT Metric System

harry k wrote:
On Apr 28, 12:46 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Roger Blake wrote:
The metric system sucks ass. We don't want it, and furthermore we
don't give a rat's ass what bunch of effete Eurotrash may have to
say about it.
You must have your head well buried if you think you can ignore 'the
metric system'. Whether you want it or not it's here.
And used by 96% of the world's population.

We don't ignore it. We're ****ed that pop comes in liters as a way of
fooling us into thinking it's a quart, so we don't mind paying more per
bottle. It would be only slightly less false if they called it a "metric
quart."

snip

You do realize that a liter contains more than a quart?

Harry K

I'll bet he does but if you remember when metric was phased in by
bottlers they trumpeted that you got more but if you compared the
price/unit volume went up. It really didn't matter because most folks
believe what marketing tells them.