Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default O/T: Houston, You have a Problem

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Tom Veatch" wrote:

A thriving market for them around here. Most of the wheat/milo/bean
fields around me look more like rice paddies.

Funny story on me.

Was driving I-70 west thru Kansas and seeing what appeared to be
"stunted corn" growing in the corners of the fields that the
irrigation didn't reach.

Stopped for gas and asked about the "stunted corn".

Attendant responded, you talking about the milo?

They grow that for cattlefeed.

DUH!

I'm sure they had a good laugh at my expense after we left the gas
station.

LOL...

And, "ayup"...

It's a good dryland crop; our primary fall cash grain crop on all our
dryland acres in SW KS. There have all sorts of other crops tried and
claimed they're going to supplant it, but when all else is over after
some number of years most end up going back to it.