Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Im trying to take appart my laptop to get access to my fan

"Breeyon" wrote in message
Hi Im trying to clean my fan, by opening the machine and geting to it
I cant seem to get access to it
there must be a sna on this machine i dont know about its a HP
pavillion dv5250ca widescreen.
i can take apart the moniter parts of it, i thuohgt it would get me
access to some kinda other snap off but i didnt see one. theres a few
plats on the botom i got off, but after takin out every single screw i
could find i still could not get at the fan. ive had this machine for
a few years and i dont want to get compresed air and blow all the gunk
further into the machine. is there somehow i can get specs totake this
thing apart further? or does anyone else have a better idea? ive been
having heat problems and i want to clean it asap and anything else
that ght need it while im in there.

please someone help!!
hehe
Regards,
Bryan

Many laptops have additional screws under the keyboard. You will probably
find screws at the back of the keyboard, maybe under a clipped-in trim,
which allow the keyboard to be lifted up and then hooked out from the front
edge, and unplugged. Once the keyboard is out, you might well find several
additional screws going downwards into the bottom pan. There might also be
screws in any of the 'compartments' on the underside - that's HDD bay,
battery bay, memory bay, etc. When you do get it coming apart, be especially
careful of the two *very* thin coax cables that go up to the two antennas
located in the screen. They usually unplug, but the gold connectors are so
tiny that you won't immediately recognise them as being plugs. Golden rule
with dismantling laptops, is to work slowly and carefully. It is so easy to
get just a little bit enthusiastic with separating a couple of parts that
seem to be slightly resisting coming apart, only to find that you've torn a
cable ... A small pwerful light such a a Maglight is useful for looking
inside to see what is holding it.

Also, the lengths and types of some screws are critical. You will have quite
a lot by the time you get it apart, and I would *strongly* recommend that
you find something to keep them in, that you can label. An old egg carton is
good for this. Trust me, it takes only one overnight sleep for the carefully
remembered plan of where they all came from, to go right out of your head
.... d;~}

Arfa