Leon

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

"James D Kountz" wrote in message
Ok I guess I got a way different bit then. My bit was an 1/8 but it was

alot
longer that 1/2 before it stepped up. More like a full inch or so. The
stupid thing would bind in the jig just a slight amount and pop, there it
would go. I threw the thing across the shop and have never looked back at
it. Besides I hate screws and nails in woodworking, only use em when I
absolutely have to. I guess Im old fashioned!

Jim

Well for clarification, I just put the caliper on my 2 Kreg HSS bits. The
1/8" tip is 17/32" long. And it really should not be longer as it would
drill too deeply and into the jig providing the larger 3/8" section of the
bit is set correctly to drill deep enough for the screw to enter the other
board.

Did you have one of those 2 piece stepped drill bits where the smaller tip
is adjustable and replaceable?

I could definitely see how a 1" tip extension could give you problems..