James D Kountz

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

Ok I guess I got a way different bit then. My bit was an 1/8 but it was alot
longer that 1/2 before it stepped up. More like a full inch or so. The
stupid thing would bind in the jig just a slight amount and pop, there it
would go. I threw the thing across the shop and have never looked back at
it. Besides I hate screws and nails in woodworking, only use em when I
absolutely have to. I guess Im old fashioned!

Jim

"Leon" wrote in message

"James D Kountz" wrote in message
Ok now be honest all of you pro pocket hole people. How many of those

damn
step bits have you broken? If you say none, me and alot of other people

here
will know for a fact youre fibbin'!! On the other hand I have yet to

ever
break a biscuit! LOL

Well, the tip of the bit is about 1/2" long and 1/8" in diameter. I do

not
recall having ever broken a 1/8" bit. I have 2 Kreg bits. I have a spare
for when the other is being resharpened. I have probably been through 4

or
5 thousand holes and have not broken one yet nor do I baby the bits. Keep
them sharp and you will lessen the likelihood of breaking one.