Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Filling hole in wall

On 4/27/2009 7:55 AM HeyBub spake thus:

wrote:

I need to fill a 3/8 " hole I put in the wall.

I'm pretty new at these things...I had thought the walls were plaster
(house is a brick colonial built in 1948), but there are no laths, and
looking closely at a couple places in the house where there are larger
openings in the wall, it looks something like 2 layers of drywall,
totaling about an inch thick.

Either the picture will cover the hole, or, with a long enough nail (or 3/8"
dowell) you can hang the picture using the hole.

One light-in-the-leathers TV redecorating host recommends toothpaste for
hole-filling. 'Course he probably uses toothpaste for any number of
unspeakable things...

Toothpaste to patch holes in wall? The first (and only) time I ever
heard that was from the lips of my erstwhile white-trash redneck
girlfriend, many years ago. It still has bad associations to this day.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (