Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default let me add to thread

Han wrote:

Brick is far from concrete. I don't think you can compare that.
Concrete is made with portland cement which is basic. Seems to me
(but I'm not really sure) that concrete would be slowly attacked by
acid. Muriatic acid is diluted hydrochloric acid (not concentrated,
but I would not drink it , while vinegar should be almost safe to
drink - think pickles). I think that muriatic acid etches concrete
and cleans it for instance for a repair, ensuring new concrete
adheres properly.

Safety Hint: Don't drink the pickle juice until all the pickles are gone or,
if you do, wear goggles.