Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Source for Lumber in the Taos area

Leon wrote:
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
We're going to Taos for a vacation later this month, flying in and out of
Albequ. and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place there to
purchase -- or at least look at -- local lumber like mesquite or something
similar.
TIA
Norm

Would it be economical to fly wood out? Are you sure mesquite grows up
there?

I've never seen it grow anywhere north of Texas, and according to the
book "The Magnificent Mesquite" by Ken E. Rogers (I said "Ken E." not
"Kenny") that except for sparse areas in the southern corners of
California, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado, Oklahoma is about as far north
as you're going to see it. Interestingly, it does grow in many other
continents: Central and South America, Africa, Central Asia, and Australia.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/