Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots cankill you

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
CalifBill wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I miss my '73 Chevy stepvan with a Union City body. It gve me 20
MPG, no matter how much I hauled in it. It had non commercial tags, and
one trip had over 8,000 of cargo.

I just bought wife a new Toyota Venza. Drove it 350 miles down I-5 to L.A.
Ran 85-90 comfortably all the way, listening to Satellite radio, and got
22.2 mpg for the trip. Helping the economy. But the car I replaced a 1996
S-10 Blazer with 144k miles means I buy and hold. A long time hold. Lots
to be said for newer cars. Rarely break, quiet, and comfortable. Sometimes
you need to spend some money.

You can't do that when you don't have it to spend. My VA disability
states that due to my health, I will never be able to work again, and I
miss working. I had my last two vehicles given to me. In fact, I've
only spent S1,000 to buy vehicles in the last 25 years.

If you check carefully you may find that you are allowed a certain (small)
earned income without endangering your VA status.

It's probably something like $4000.

Richard