Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
trg-s338 trg-s338 is offline

Default OT - understanding you Yanks.

On Apr 25, 7:04*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:51:50 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Hi People,
went and saw an interesting movie on Sat night (when else?) called
"Grand Torino" by/with Clint Eastwood. The Clint Eastwood character Is
a winger, lots of tools collected over a lifetime, knows how to use
them, same with guns - *I thought it was a good movie, and was
wondering if any of you guys had seen it, and what were your thoughts
on it, as it covers quite a few contemporary issues, both for you guys
and us in Oz. *Please, only respond if you have actually seen it and
made up your own minds.
(And I am physically stuffed at the moment, cant even make it to trade
school, so have been reduced to being a movie critic - and, lets face
it, both our countries need more movie critics(not)lol
Andrew VK3BFA.

I saw it.

I liked it.

Got me a bit teary eyed actually.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
*minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Ya, I'm a fan of your posts but you've been scarce lately! Anyway, I
had the same experience. Darn tear ducts got moist too... but just a
little bit I'd have you know.