Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Metric System

Smitty Two wrote:

Reminds me of my favorite T-Shirt, which was issued years ago in
response to a similar comment that came from the Japanese. It has
picture of an atomic bomb going off and the caption: "Built by lazy,
illiterate Americans. Tested in Japan."

The metric system sucks ass. We don't want it, and furthermore we
don't give a rat's ass what bunch of effete Eurotrash may have to
say about it.

No wonder the rest of the world hates us, with ignorant, arrogant
assholes like you purporting to speak for us.

And we care what the rest of the world thinks exactly why?

Now there ARE some whose sense of self-worth is entirely dependent on the
approbation of strangers (i.e., all celebrities, most liberals, etc.).

Pity, really.

On the other side, there are those I do admire (although they could care
less).

RING-RING

"Hello"
"Dr Feynmann?"
"Yes"
"Dr Richard P. Feynmann?"
"(sigh) Yes"
"Dr Feynmann, my name is Joe Blow. I am the ambassador to the Court of King
Gustav V of Norway. It is my distinct pleasure to tell you that you have
been awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Physics!"
"Do you have any idea what the hell time it is in California?"
"It is three o'clock in the goddamn morning! Call back after nine!"

CLICK