Ladd Morse

Default Can water-based poly be thinned for wiping?

What I can't find, is any information on whether or not you CAN thin a
water-based poly and apply via the wipe method. Lots of info on thinning
oil-based poly, but nothing on water-based.

Further exploration leads me to the Target Coatings "Oxford Hybrid
Super-Clear 9000 Polyurethene" which specificially states that it can be
diluted 20% for wipe-on applications.

http://www.targetcoatings.com/produc...uperclear.html

I note that this product (and many others) recommend that it be applied
over a sealer, especially oak. If I am NOT going for a high-gloss
guitar-body finish, but just a casual kitchen table, is a sealer still
recommended?

Still intrigued by the in-a-completely-different-direction Waterlox
recommendation also ...