Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT Metric System

Nate Nagel wrote:

Now you can, but disc brakes were used in Europe for may years
before the Big 3 put them on our cars. Robertson screws are just
getting started in the US after decades in Canada. Many people
still have never heard of them.

Hi,
Robertson is Canuck invention.

And my dad had a camper shell on his pickup truck back in '73 that had
robertson screws on it.

I believe the reason it wasn't more widely used had something to do
with a patent, not an unwillingness to adopt something new.

nate

Hmmmm, now that's interesting, it wouldn't be the first (or last) time a
product or service was kept out of a particular market for contractual or
legal reasons.