Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT Metric System

Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

That said, the metric system is not always easier. When measuring
distance, for instance, it's a lot easier to use inches than mm.
reason being fractions of an inch are expressed just that way, as
fractions, while fractions of a mm are expressed decimally.

Hard to argue with that much illogic! Working with decimals is ten
times (!) as easy as working with fractions, which is exactly the
OP's point.

I've used both systems and I have no trouble using fractions, in fact I can
do them faster in my head than most of the young people I meet can make
change for a dollar.