Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Does vinegar harm cement paving bricks?

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:47:37 -0700, G Mulcaster
wrote:

Over the last three years I've been spraying strength vinegar on my
cement based pavers to kill moss and weeds.

Works well; however, does vinegar harm cement based pavers?

I use vinegar to clean hard water stains off of cement block walls. We
have hard water -- calcium leaches into the block. It is mild, and
after a short soak and scrub I rinse it off. A power washer would
cause more damage.

["It’s easy to see why vinegar has been around for thousands of
years—it has 1001 uses! From cooking and cleaning with vinegar, to
gardening and home remedies, white distilled vinegar is one of the
most versatile—and economical—products you can have on hand."]

http://www.vinegartips.com/