Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ammo prices for 7.62x39

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:55:34 -0500, Ignoramus2981

On 2009-04-16, Joe wrote:
Although I've heard folks at gun shows claiming that Obama is to
blame, I suspect it's more the paranoia of gun owners reacting to a
Democrat (Liberal, pinko) admin, and the subsequent cupidity of
dealers willing to take advantage of this fear.

I plan to wait on any ammo purchases until the Fear (and prices) has
subsided. Hope I'm right - it's not the Administration that I
distrust, but the Congress.

There is an article in the Journal today about "gun investors". Those
are apparently those who lost a lot of money in their 401k's, and are
now buying guns as an investment, because "guns can only go up". Even
doctors are reportedly investing in ammunition, and that certainly is
a good signal to stay out of that arena.

Article is attached below for those without the benefit of WSJ
subscription.

My own comment on this is that I hope that more ammo will be imported
and prices will come down to earth, possibly with the fools dumping
that stuff that they stocked up on with such certainty. I still have
enough ammo stocked up from the good times, and will just wait.

Indeed.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates