Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots cankill you

Leon Fisk wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:24:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

snip
The new, redesigned VW Beetle is suppose to be easy for
oversized people to get in/out of (shrug).

Who can afford 'new' on a VA pension? I have to hope the 12 year old
Dodge Dakota runs six more years, till the house is paid off.

New was only used to differentiate between the old style bug
and the newest version. The new version has been around
since 1997. I guess they call it the "Volkswagen New Beetle"
(shrug).

I sure wouldn't buy a brand new anything nowadays. What I
don't want in a vehicle; no airbags, anti-skid/traction
crap, air conditioning, tire air pressure monitor/alarm,
Onstar... I'm sure there must be a few more things I can't
think of right now too. Most likely if I have to replace my
old 1982 truck someday it will be with something else old.

I miss my '73 Chevy stepvan with a Union City body. It gve me 20
MPG, no matter how much I hauled in it. It had non commercial tags, and
one trip had over 8,000 of cargo.