Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots can killyou

Bill Noble wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

What about people who physically can't fit into those tiny 'death on
wheels' toys because of longer than average legs, or being disabled?
Every small vehicle I looked at the last time was impossible to drive
because my knees hit the dash, or I couldn't get in or out without help,
because of so little room under the steering wheel that I couldn't use a
cane to help me in or out of the driver's seat?

--

there certainly are "smaller" cars that are easy to get in and out of - they
just don't have them here in the good old USA because by god, if were were

Who eats fast food? I am diabetic, have high blood pressure, and eat
the meals approved by my dietitian. I guess you speak from personal
experience of eating too much fast food, and are grossly obese?

ok, seriously, there are some - for example, the Fiat Doblo, but they aren't
imported.

Does it meet ALL US safety standards? If not, it might as well not
exist, as far as the US market is concerned.