Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default burglar alarm

On Apr 25, 9:23 am, andrew wrote:
Any recommendations for a diy burglar alarm for a scout hut. I thing I want
the dual microwave plus PIR sensors and a wired system 'phoning out via a
payg sim. 5 rooms including vestibule.There's nothing particularly valuable
to protect but once notified someone can be on the scene in seconds.

We installed a "screamer" siren (audible for around a mile) on the
roof of our mountain hut, plus a loud alarm inside.
Someone smashed the locks off two doors and opened them.
Fortunately the alarm was one which reset itself even if doors were
left open. The sensor inside kept turning the siren on when they went
inside, and they left without doing any more damage..
The plywood I glued and bolted on the inside of the doors worked well.
Now we need better locks.