Posted to uk.d-i-y
Allan Mac Allan Mac is offline

Default burglar alarm

On 25 Apr, 10:45, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , andrew
writes

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Think a bit more about what the plan of action is to be when the alarm
triggers. Have a look at sound bombs.

I guess that's true of any burglar alarm. In this case I've been delegated
to look at the problem , the decision to have an alarm has been taken. I
just want a cost effective installation.

Ours is a commercial installation but I am sure there are lots of DIY
jobs available. Screwfix for one:-)

You will need a door entry switch and the keypad to set and re-set the
alarm. After that you might be able to economise on PIR detectors if
entry routes are obvious. Phone home is beyond my experience.

I imagine deterring vandals is a major consideration.

Yes. The experience here with our barns and the cricket pavilion was
that entry was gained for solvent abuse etc. and fires set on their way
home. Noise at the outset would probably have saved the insurers.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Note, your PAYG sim will probably expire after 6 months if not used,
so an occasional test call would be advised,

Allan