Richard Caley

Default Opposite of radiators... and more

In article , essjay001 (e) writes:

e ISTR that "radiator" in the wrong term.anyway Space heater would I think be
e more acurate. Something to do with radiating in vacuums.

IIRC most of the heating from a CH radiator comes from convection
rather then radiation (compare holding your hand a foot in front with
holding it a foot above the radiator).

Randomly prompted question for CH bods: I have recently moved my couch
to be in front of the radiator. Should Ithink of moving it somewhere
else for the winter? I presume I will heat the back of the couch,
which I don't think woll be a problem per-se, and heat being heat it
will just leak out into the room, but maybe it will make the room warm
up so much slower that it will be a real problem.

--
Mail me as _O_