Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Have you noticed the MSM is attacking Craig's List?

wrote:
I have asked around for explanations, and the best I have heard is
that Craig's list is driving newspapers out of business, and so the
news media is attacking back.

I wouldn't say whether that's the papers' motivation, but it does seem
that CL is really hurting them. Personal example: I used to advertise
in the local paper when I had an apartment for rent. The last time I
did that it was $50 for a 4 line ad, per week. The Boston Globe rate
was even higher. Now I use CL.

Not a newspaper, but there was a local stuff-for-sale weekly (The Want
Advertiser) that charged 10% of the sale price. It was big - maybe 100
pages, 8 x 10. They have just gone out of business, after 45 years (at
least).

Bob