Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon[_4_] Eregon[_4_] is offline

Default OT Have you noticed the MSM is attacking Craig's List?

"Bob La Londe" wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

"Eregon" wrote in message
" wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking:

I have asked around for explanations, and the best I have heard is
that Craig's list is driving newspapers out of business, and so the
news media is attacking back.

Newspapers and magazines live or die by their advertising revenue - NOT
their circulation.

This is kinda like the post office wanting to tax e-mail.

Who do you think was behind the move (a few years ago) to do exactly that?

Besides which, most of the USPS money comes from bulk mailers (advertisers,
billing, etc.) but they continue to raise postage rates for private
citizens who supply only a tiny fraction of their business.

BTW, there's another postal rate hike coming May 1, 2009.

--

I used to be an anarchist but had to give it up: _far_ too many rules.