Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PlainBill PlainBill is offline

Default computer power supplies..

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 05:04:37 -0700 (PDT), larya
wrote:

Is there a group for repairing computer power supplies?..
Question... I have the power supply out of the computer...
Besides pluging it in... how do you turn it 'on'...
The front panel on / off switch connects to the mother board..
How can I turn the power supply 'on' at the power supply?...
Larry

Not a group per se, but the BadCaps forum -
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/index.php? - has a section on computer
power supplies. A large part of the discussion is about the
deficiencies of various vendors. One vendor actually glues iron
weights inside their power supplies so they weigh more. A heavy power
supply must be better, right?

Fry's Electronics sells an inexpensive 'test box' for power supplies,
but it is very limited.

PlainBill