Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default New tool invention

wrote:
On Apr 23, 12:09 pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!

Personal experience or hearsay? I just happen to be in the market for a
garlic press and my primary interest is quality/function over price.

Enough on the garlic press I want to hear more feedback on my ToolMule

I already said I loved it.

But, I don't see how it's going to sell for less that $350, though,
which is probably too steep for the handyman. I see it as something a
contractor *is* going to want, however.

I would have a hard time buying it without a set of legs, though. While
the concept of using it on the pick-up bed is great, there are just too
many situations where the truck can't be close enough to where you're
working. And I use a minivan, anyway.

I know you show how it can be mounted on a portable tool dolly, but guys
will be turned off knowing they have to spend another 100 bucks to use
the thing. I suppose you should at least have an option for legs/wheels.

I suppose it could be the cornerstone product in an entire line, though.
Those Dragons' Den investors are going to want to see a returning market
for accessories and upgrades.

I could see myself, having your toolmule, on a wheeled, pop-up dolly
system, with some sort of stop on the wheeled end, to use the whole
thing as a tool box dolly for hauling tools/toolsboxes. Take the
tools/boxes off the dolly, pop the legs down, get to work. That how
the "mule" part of the name involved. :-)

And I like the name. catchy

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)