Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceramic disk tap - where to get replacement ceramic disc or repair otherwise?

wrote:
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen which is just beginning to drip a
little, it's a quarter-turn ceramic disk type. The insides look
pretty standard although I haven't taken it completely apart yet.

Nothing standard IME, each one seems different.

Where can one buy either replacement ceramic discs (are they
standard?) or replacement tap innards? I've looked at both Screwfix
and BES but couldn't see anything, maybe I'm not searching for the
right words.

Proper independant plumbers merchants stock them, take the cartridge, tap
head & screw with you. Some have different sized splines & different length
screws.

I did notice some in my local giant B&Q recently, or as others have said
www.brev.co.uk

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk