Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time for Mr. Woodchuck to go

On Apr 22, 10:30*am, Mortimer Schnerd
wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Live trap him and release in an approved area.

He has just as much right to life as you do.

Right up until the point he became destructive. *Besides, we are further
up the food chain than he is.

Ignore the idiots who are telling you to poison or shoot the
animal...you will most likely cause him to die under your
building...then you will have a serious problem of living with the
stink for 2-4 weeks.

So what? *We're talking about a shed, remember?

I am a gun owner and use guns daily...responsibly and legally...and I
take this subject very seriously.

Yes, I'm a gun owner too. *How is it that you use yours "daily"? *I
don't even handle one of mine on a daily basis, much less "use" it, and
I have a concealed carry permit.

With that said, if my neighbor discharged a gun illegally I would be
strongly tempted to beat him senseless before I called 9/11 to impress
on him the stupidity of his act that placed my family in danger.

Good luck with a successful and peaceful solution to the groundhog
problem.

You'd beat your neighbor senseless but you advocate a green solution to
the woodchuck problem? *I'd be concerned if I heard gunshots next door
but the last thing I would do is go confront the guy. *If he caused
damage, call the cops. *If he hurt somebody, call the cops. *I'd only
confront him if there were still incoming ordnance to stop the threat.

Me? *If I had this guy's problem I'd probably try to dispatch the
critter with an air rifle. *Less chance for collateral damage.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com

The woodchuck is no threat to you or me.

It is only in the wrong place.

Trap and relocate is the right thing to do if you value life at all.

As for the discharge of a gun, any idiot who fires a gun improperly on
my turf risks being beaten to a pulp.

When it happened in the past, the authorities suggested I leave the
perp his teeth next time.

To say that some idiot like Cheney and I will never go hunting is a
given.

TMT