Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default New tool invention

wrote:
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts
and your vote to help me get funding. Go to
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/auditions/toolmule.html to see the video.

This is a swell idea and brilliantly executed. You can generate even more
sales by offering all the bases - legs, cabinet, roll-away - as well
semi-permanent attachment devices for existing tools.

I can see it now: Shelves in the garage holding the miter saw, the router
table, the table saw, the radial arm saw, the planer, etc., and your Tool
Mule where the second car would normally go.

Now if you want to get this to market quickly, and start making so much
money you'll need a dump truck, set up a conversation with Black & Decker.
B&D *LOVES* devices such as this (I think they're working on a combination
powered toothbrush and blender).

I'd buy one now at $100USD or so. At a price of $whole-bunch-more, I'd have
to think on it, but would be sorely tempted.

No matter what you do, best of luck.

P.S.
Very good presentation, but the cardinal rule of advertising is to tell the
prospect what to do after the ad: "Call this number," or "See a local
dealer," or "Write for more informtion."