Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT Warning -- How many have propane tanks in the garage?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:08:02 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:51:21 GMT,
(Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

According to investigators, a leaking propane tank had filled the garage of
the Stacker home on Camphor Avenue with gas that was ignited when Stacker
entered the garage to check on a hissing noise.

My bet, arc from the light switch. Most fire codes these days say
propane tanks have to be 10' from the house, even if they are buried

The NFPA calls for 10' for tanks over 125gallons [and under
2001gallons]. My 100gallon tank is adjacent to the house and meets
all codes.

http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/Ab....asp?DocNum=58

Jim