Swingman

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

"DJ Delorie" wrote in message

"Swingman" writes:
Dovetails on face frames?

I built a pair of kitchen cabinet drawers

^^^^^^^

Ok, there was a typo, but how did you go from "cabinet draws" to "face
frames" ?

I looked at, and replied to, the subject line ... up there ^ ... neat
trick, try it sometime. ;)

I don't know, maybe my reader is somehow "misthreaded" ... How did you go
from face frames, with regard to dowels vs Kreg jig, to dovetails and
cabinet drawers?

Damn, this feels like the Twilight Zone? My point, which you originally
quoted, was strictly about the Kreg vs dowels for face frames ... I would be
that last to argue with you about dovetails on drawers.

I'm going back to the shop, turn the lights on, then off, and then come back
in and start over.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

The point of the post was to choose joinery that works, not just
joinery that meets some non-functional requirement.