Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Disaster update

mac davis wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:48:57 -0700, "jloomis" wrote:

Good idea, especially if you upload copies of the pictures to an online
service..
In my case, I'll clean the shop really well before pictures, or they might look
at the shavings and stuff and call it a fire hazard.. lol

That's where a shop website comes in handy ... providing the server is
not on site.

Before and after pictures, along with a good spreadsheet, got me
approximately $11,000+ extra when we lost our house during Allison in
'01, and made the $1500 when the shop flooded last August a slam dunk.

One of the things I do, as a builder, is to take digital pictures,
pre-insulation/drywall, of _every_ wall and framing element in a new
house, showing all HVAC ductwork, electrical and plumbing. I put them on
a CD and give it to the owner when it sells.

And, most importantly, I can't tell how many times that practice has
saved my butt, hours of time, and countless $$'s during electrical trim
out and cabinet installation, either in new construction or remodeling.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08