Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd Mortimer Schnerd is offline

Default Time for Mr. Woodchuck to go

Don Klipstein wrote:

I thought most American households with guns had a gun count that can be
counted on one hand, and close to half of American households had at least
one gun.

I think that burglars and home invaders would feel safer if only 2,488
homes had gun owners as opposed to close to half.

I've got 9 rifles including all the socially incorrect ones: AR-15,
AKS, SKS, Mini-14 "assault rifles", a "sniper rifle" (Remington 700
BDL), a couple of full sized battle rifles (Mauser and Lee-Enfield),
plus a smattering of other types. Of course, I neither assault nor do I
snipe.

I own 2 twelve gauge shotguns.

I own 5 pistols of varying calibers.

I have never shot anyone nor even pointed a gun at another person. I
have had my life saved twice by my weapons over the years. Just the
fact that I had one deescalated the situation to nonviolence.

Is my situation typical? I have no idea. I don't know what my
neighbors might have. They don't have a clue what I have.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com