Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time for Mr. Woodchuck to go

On Apr 20, 10:23*am, wrote:
I've been tolerating the ******* living under my shed since I moved in
3 years ago, because everything I've tried to do to get rid of him has
only resulted in more damage to the shed.

When I moved in he had his entrance under the front corner of the
shed. When I filled that in with rocks and broken glass, he went in
under the wall of the lean-to, and dug another hole into his burrow
from the back of the shed.

I've tried gassing him with propane. I've tried all the folk
repellants. Apparently he likes being clean and eating spicy food,
because neither irish spring soap nor cayenne pepper phased him.

The bugger has gone all Hannibal Lechter on me. There was a half-
rotted possum carcass in the entrance to his burrow. I thought that
would drive 'em away, so I left it. Now it's gone.

He's always left my stuff alone, but now he's developed a taste for
gasoline. He removed the gas cap from my push mower, and chewed the
neck off the gas tank.

I'd love to sit on my back porch and pick him off with a rifle, but
discharge of firearms is a big no-no.

Live trap him and release in an approved area.

He has just as much right to life as you do.

And as you pointed out, he was there first.

Ignore the idiots who are telling you to poison or shoot the
animal...you will most likely cause him to die under your
building...then you will have a serious problem of living with the
stink for 2-4 weeks.

As for the clowns discussing firearms and ammo, I am always amazed at
how ignorant the majority of gun owners are.

When you discharge a firearm...any firearm..., you are completely
responsible for what damage the projectile causes and where it goes.

There are countless "experts" serving decades of prison time for
projectiles that went where they were not meant to go and causing
damage/death that was unintended.

I am a gun owner and use guns daily...responsibly and legally...and I
take this subject very seriously.

With that said, if my neighbor discharged a gun illegally I would be
strongly tempted to beat him senseless before I called 9/11 to impress
on him the stupidity of his act that placed my family in danger.

Good luck with a successful and peaceful solution to the groundhog
problem.

TMT