Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Small, light, ball barrier

Square Peg wrote:
I would like to make some type of barrier to keep rolling golf balls
from leaving the lawn and entering the shrubbery.

I have been practicing short shots in the back yard. If I hit it a bit
too long or a bit too flat, it will roll off tyhe edge of the lawn and
into the never-never land of the shrubbery.

What in have in mind is something light that I can push into the dirt
with my hand and remove.

It needs to be about 6-8" tall and somewhat rigid. The total length
will be about 20', but needn't be one piece -- four 5' sections would
be OK.

My first thought was for a piece of 1x6 or even something thinner;
maybe even strips of 1/4" pegboard. I'd drill holes in the bottom edge
and glue heavy wire for the stakes.

I stopped by a local hardware store looking for some type of plastic,
but didn't see anything. I bought a roll of rain gutter screen and
some tent stakes, but the screen is too flimsy. It needs to be
stiffer.

Does anyone have a better idea than the pegboard?

The netting used as a deer barrier would probably work. Stuff is 8 ft
high so maybe you could drape top over shrubs and peg bottom down.