Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Time for Mr. Woodchuck to go

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Here, it's a local law, and for good reason. Even in the most spacious of
neighborhoods, houses are still 100-200 feet apart. Anyone who thinks of
plinking varmints in such an environment is a moron. That's why it's so much
fun to read threads like this one. Morons are entertaining, at least until
they shoot a neighbor, which eventually they will. The preponderance of
stupid hunting accidents is proof of this fact.

Disclaimers:
- I own guns.
- I don't hunt, but I know some perfectly safe & smart hunters.

If you don't understand collateral risk assessment, than perhaps you
ought not own guns. I don't consider wild animals to be varmints; I
happily share the land with them. But, if I had a very good reason to
shoot something, I wouldn't do it while the target was sitting on the
top of a 4 foot tall fence while the neighbor was out in his adjacent
yard.

When I was a kid, the 75 year old neighbor lady with the backyard
vegetable garden waged a war on crows with her .22 rifle. This was a
standard residential neighborhood. The cops never really pressed the
issue until her judgment and marksmanship declined to the point of
taking out a streetlight.