Swingman

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

Hands down: KREG. I've used it to make close to a hundred face frames for
cabinets just this past year. Most alignment problems can be sidestepped by
doing your assembly on a flat surface, what's left can be fixed with a
cabinet scraper in a few minutes.

Fast, no waiting on glue to dry, and strong. I've got a couple of sample
joints that I didn't ever bother to glue that I invite skeptics to try and
tear apart by hand.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Ted" wrote in message
When assembling a face frame, which is likely to produce a better fitting,
plumb/flush face frame? The Kreg Jig or a dowel jig? I don't have access
to a planer or a wide body sander, so I won't be able to (easily) fix any
misalignments. BTW, I haven't used either one jig before so the learning
curve should be even.