Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Car key type" remote control device required to open gate.

Donwill explained on 21/04/2009 :
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Run a search on ebay for garage door opener controls - look especially
at the Hong Kong suppliers. Put the control unit indoors and just wire
24v out to feed the unlock solenoid.

Another way would be a key pad entry system. Type the correct series of
digits in and the lock unlocks. I have one of these on my garage door,
beats searching for missing keys and going back for them when you have
forgotten them.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)