Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Car key type" remote control device required to open gate.

Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Apr, 14:11, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Shopping trolley?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, Donwill wrote:
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

A wife?

Oh, "cheap". Sorry.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lino expert" wrote in message
On 21 Apr, 14:11, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down
before
unlocking gate.

Shopping trolley?

Can't find the buttons on it
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Donwill wrote:
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down
before
unlocking gate.

A wife?

Unfortunately it's for the wife.

Cheers
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:11:15 +0100, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot
wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Don

Fingers .You don't get much cheaper than that !!!
What sort of latch etc is on the gate .Fit one that only needs a push
to open ...like a magnetic one .

--------------
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:11:15 +0100, Donwill wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down
before unlocking gate.

How is your missus going to get the remote out of her pocket/bag and press
the unlock button without putting the shopping down?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Donwill wrote:
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Get along to a friendly vet and get microchipped. Then modify one of
those cat flaps things they sell.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Donwill explained on 21/04/2009 :
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Run a search on ebay for garage door opener controls - look especially
at the Hong Kong suppliers. Put the control unit indoors and just wire
24v out to feed the unlock solenoid.

Another way would be a key pad entry system. Type the correct series of
digits in and the lock unlocks. I have one of these on my garage door,
beats searching for missing keys and going back for them when you have
forgotten them.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:53:04 UTC, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Donwill explained on 21/04/2009 :
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Run a search on ebay for garage door opener controls - look especially
at the Hong Kong suppliers. Put the control unit indoors and just wire
24v out to feed the unlock solenoid.

Another way would be a key pad entry system. Type the correct series of
digits in and the lock unlocks. I have one of these on my garage door,
beats searching for missing keys and going back for them when you have
forgotten them.

Clearly, what is required is voice operation!

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Donwill explained on 21/04/2009 :
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down
before
unlocking gate.

Run a search on ebay for garage door opener controls - look especially
at the Hong Kong suppliers. Put the control unit indoors and just wire
24v out to feed the unlock solenoid.

Another way would be a key pad entry system. Type the correct series of
digits in and the lock unlocks. I have one of these on my garage door,
beats searching for missing keys and going back for them when you have
forgotten them.

Clearly, what is required is voice operation!

Does he want it to operate while the wife is 500m down the road then?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Donwill explained on 21/04/2009 :
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down
before
unlocking gate.

Run a search on ebay for garage door opener controls - look especially
at the Hong Kong suppliers. Put the control unit indoors and just wire
24v out to feed the unlock solenoid.

Another way would be a key pad entry system. Type the correct series of
digits in and the lock unlocks. I have one of these on my garage door,
beats searching for missing keys and going back for them when you have
forgotten them.

Clearly, what is required is voice operation!

Does he want it to operate while the wife is 500m down the road then?

With my wife, it would! Handsfree seemed to be the preference...

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:47:40 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Donwill wrote:
"Mike Barnes" wrote
A wife?

Unfortunately it's for the wife.

Tesco deliver shopping for £5, and they don't moan at me for spending
too much money on beer and pizza.

They actually deliver on certain days for a lot less than that .

--------------
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 22, 1:11 am, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:
Anyone know of a cheap device so I don't need to put my shopping down before
unlocking gate.

Connect a foot pedal to the latch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot