Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Pirate Rifles

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

While not claiming the 1911 to be the most accurate gun ever developed, or
even a highly accurate gun, the vast majority of problems hitting the
broad
side of a barn with a 1911 is really the hand holding the gun, and not the
gun.

--

-Mike-

You never got one straight out of the box, still in cosmoline, to make
a statement like that. After 20-25 hours of work, they're fine. Before
that, they quality as semi-assembled and semi-accurate.

I'd have to ask what kind of work you did to make it accurate. I can see
making it feed better, but I'm really wondering what you did to improve
accuracy.

--

-Mike-