DJ Delorie

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

"Mike in Mystic" writes:
As the other responders said, the one hole version will take you a lot
longer than the rocket jig, or even the Kreg 2000 (IIRC the name). I was a
cheapskate and just paid my $12 or something to get the one hole version to
see how I liked it. I'll probably get the Kreg 2000 if/when I do another
big cabinet project.

For my current project (shed), I'm using the K2000 "freestyle". The
board is fixed, I clamp the K2000 to it wherever I need a screw.
Faster than clamping the minijig to the board, and it all lines up
automatically.

Obviously, I'm not using the support wings for this ;-)