Mike in Mystic

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

As the other responders said, the one hole version will take you a lot
longer than the rocket jig, or even the Kreg 2000 (IIRC the name). I was a
cheapskate and just paid my $12 or something to get the one hole version to
see how I liked it. I'll probably get the Kreg 2000 if/when I do another
big cabinet project.

"Ted" wrote in message
Mike,

How does the one hole version stack up with 3" face frame that needs 2
screws per joint?

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
news
I have the simple one hole Kreg jig and have used it to make face frames
quite a few times with perfect results. I haven't done the same with
dowels, but the pocket hole jig is so easy to use I can't imagine that

drill
dowel holes will be easier. As long as you align the jig properly and

clamp
it in place while drilling, it's pretty foolproof.

Mike