Mike in Mystic

Default face frame...dowels or Kreg jig?

I have the simple one hole Kreg jig and have used it to make face frames
quite a few times with perfect results. I haven't done the same with
dowels, but the pocket hole jig is so easy to use I can't imagine that drill
dowel holes will be easier. As long as you align the jig properly and clamp
it in place while drilling, it's pretty foolproof.

Mike

"Ted" wrote in message
When assembling a face frame, which is likely to produce a better fitting,
plumb/flush face frame? The Kreg Jig or a dowel jig? I don't have access
to a planer or a wide body sander, so I won't be able to (easily) fix any
misalignments. BTW, I haven't used either one jig before so the learning
curve should be even.

What say you?