John

Default Boxing in a boiler (was Installing toilet in internal bathroom)

"David" wrote in message
om...
"John" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
om...
SNIP

Thanks. Yes good point, in fact I've been trying to get hold of a
manual to check this in parallel with my original post, without
success. I also don't know what the overall room ventilation
requirements are.

Would anybody happen to have a manual, or be able to suggest where I
could get one? I can't even track down the UK distributors at the
moment. (Boiler is a Sime combi, Friendly Format 100E).

Nobody's commented on whether I can locate my boxed-in boiler on the
landing (my preferred location); I've never seen this done before and
wonder whether it's a no-no (eg fire risk?)

I have the manual to hand for the Friendly but alas not the Friendly
Format. However its likely to be equivalent since from memory the

casing
construction and insulation is similar. This DOES require compartment
ventilation to BS 5440:2

The landing has no particular problem for the installation of this

model as
long as you can meet the maximum flue length required. Varies slightly
dependant on rear, left or right flue entry but about 2.3 metres max
equivalent length

Cheers, John.
Flue length isn't an issue since the beast is already in situ; all I'm
doing is building cupboards/partitions around it.

What would be really helpful is if you could let me have any contact
details for Sime (mfr and/or UK distributor) from your manual; sounds
really lame I know, but I can't locate them anywhere!

I regret to advise you that Sime UK went tits-up a few months ago so you
will not find them anymore. (They used to be in Chesterfield). The parent
Company IIRC is Italian
On a brighter note most of the spares are generic and can be sourced
elsewhere