Jedd Haas

Default Table Saw - Bosch vs. Ryobi vs. Delta vs. HF

I am looking at a few different table saws. Until recently, I was going to
get the Bosch 4000-07 ($500 from amazon). A pro carpenter I know
recommended it; I also have the Bosch 3915 scms, and it's great.

Then I came upon the pro-Ryobi comments in this group. Has anyone used
both the Bosch and the Ryobi, and is the Bosch "$200 better" than the
BT3100? ($300 at the Despot.)

For comparison, I looked at the Delta TS220 ($220) - has anyone used this?

I also visited the local HF store yesterday and took a look at the
much-inquired-about $340 table saw they sell. Looks like crap. The display
model's table was rusty and the fence couldn't be moved. Looked heavy, and
that was about it. (It's out of the running.)

My immediate use for the TS is some basic ripping of furring strips from
2x lumber.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist
http://www.gallerytungsten.com