Posted to alt.home.repair
Granby Granby is offline

Default Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

Just lurking here but I haven't been able to return anything for the last 5
years. A new screwdriver came loose from the handle and that was "my fault
for the way I used it." A drill couldn't be replaced when it caught on
fire. Since they went with K Mart, at least around here, I won't buy their
brand anymore.
"Red Green" wrote in message
(Charles Bishop) wrote in

.net:

In article , Red Green
wrote:

Paul Oman wrote in
news:T8idnbSyFL0K7X7UnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d@earthlink .com:

JIMMIE wrote:
On Apr 13, 11:23 am, "The Ranger" wrote:

I've purchased Craftsman tool in the past because of the liberal
return policy but seem to remember a recent poster getting a
snarky response from the sales droids about that. My Gooja Karma
seems to be lacking because I can't pull up the articles.

Does Craftsman (Sears) still allow the return policy on their
tools? Or has it been knocked down to "If within the first 90 days
of purchase" like most other tools?

The Ranger

Unless it has changed in the last year they are still pretty good
about it. I bought broken tools at a yard sell for almost nothing
and got them exchanged. Tools included a broken shovel and a couple
of worn out ratchets. No Problem.

Jimmie

--------------
I seem to recall you need a receipt.... something I am always
losing! - paul

Receipt solution: I scan anything in if I even think I may need it
some years out. They just sit in a receipts folder with some
descriptive name. Some of the "You need the receipt" places get
depressed when I can produce it. Couple of examples: New motor for a
Shop-Vac, 3 new 18v batteries for a contractors cordless set, ceiling
fan, etc. Works for me.

Will they accept a copy of a receipt rather than the original? I could
see them being suspucious of abuse if they allowed copies.

Depends... :-)