Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Ammo prices for 7.62x39

On 2009-04-18, Terry Coombs wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:39:50 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus14774
scrawled the following:

[ ... ]

I wonder what these gun investors are thinking when they pay inflated
prices for these guns.

A) Who knows?

B) Who cares?

I think I've seen that ad in there before at that price, so it doesn't
look like it's selling. I got my SKS for $100 here in GP, a Norinko.

Along about '93 or '94 a small-dealer guy we knew was selling pre-ban
Rissians for just a little more than that . Norinco's were selling around 80
bucks at that time ... those Russians still have bayonets on em !

The explanation that I got was that it was an "antique", which
is why the captive folding bayonets were allowed to stay. This only
applied to the Russian made SKS -- the others made elsewhere than in
Russia were too new to sneak through. :-)

Mine (bought about the same time through a friend who had a FFL
at the time) had (and still has) a *blued* bayonet. It was the only
blued one in that batch (some other co-workers bought at the same time),
and the only blued one which he had ever seen. How common is/was the
blued bayonet on the Russian SKS.

A feller
could make a handsome profit on those arms right now - if he valued money
more than the ability to defend himself ...

That blued bayonet is too pretty to sell. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564