Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots can kill you

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:33:25 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:57:27 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
Title says it all. Actually tons of metal involved. But too little for
safety.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123993371229527975.html

This is a shot in the coming fight about CAFE.

The Wall Street Journal, 17 April 2009.

Joe Gwinn

my experience is different - though the small cars I've driven for decades
have been high end ones not inexpensive econoboxes - it is much cheaper to
buy a 10 year old excellent car than a brand new cheapie

From what I've seen around here, the luxury car is kept for three
years and traded in for new. It then goes out as a taxi for about six
years until it becomes un-economical to keep on the road 24/7, at
which point it gets cleaned up, painted and put on the used car lot
and sold to a single mother with three kids on welfare. Of course she
can't keep up the payments, repairs and 5MPG city gas cost so it gets
repossessed and resold about three more times before going for
recycling.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Almost right Gerry.

Around here it's the "wannabee" Financial Planners and ReMax realtors
that drive the"used and abused" (5 year old or older)Caddies and
Conties, old Bimmers and even older Mercedes.
See one of them and 9:1 its one of the above or a "has-been".