Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default dakota update, the head is cracked :(

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:29:03 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

Well, i watched them magnaflux the suspected head and it is cracked
between the intake and exhaust valves.

I had a few questions:

1. Can the head be fixed somehow. The machine shop said they dont do
that work.

2. Where is the cheapest place to find a head if I need to do that.
(3.9 v6 magnum)

3. If I have to buy a rebuilt head, is there a problem having one
"new" head and an old head? What if the rebuilt head was milled and
the old one was not? Wouldnt their hights be different?

I appreciate your help!

Check your local scrappies - they are bound to have an engine in the
same condition as yours - you buy the GOOD head.