Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill[_14_] Bill[_14_] is offline

Default dakota update, the head is cracked :(

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:29:03 -0700 (PDT), stryped wrote:

3. If I have to buy a rebuilt head, is there a problem having one
"new" head and an old head? What if the rebuilt head was milled and
the old one was not? Wouldnt their hights be different?

Some years ago I needed to change one cylinder head on my wife's car - a
3.8L V-6. When I went to pick up a refurbished head from the local auto
salvage guys, I was surprised to see that the refurbished head had a
somewhat different shape to the chamber than the old head. I decided
not to chance whether the difference would have a significant effect,
and had them get me two heads of the same style.

Bill
--
Email address is a Spam trap.