Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Has anyone made or considered a very low cost Underground StormShelter ? Need some advice.

Pete C. wrote:

There was a home invasion up in Oklahoma late last year. The invader
burst in with the dreaded "AK47" (AKM or SKS really) assault rifle...
and was shot and killed by the occupants of the home. It of course
didn't make the national media since it doesn't support the agenda of
most of the media.

Heh! If you follow the national news (as is done on the tx.guns newsgroup or
in NRA publications), you'll see at least one episode a week of the exact
same thing that happened in Oklahoma.

Here's a defensive gun use from Tuesday:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/lo...eNCQy8Vog.cspx

Here's a home invasion from yesterday where the perp was shot
http://www.cbs12.com/news/says_47169...myth_home.html

Here's another from the week befo
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bre...ry/656107.html

Home invaders are shot with some regularity by the residents. Sadly, there
are many more successful "kick and rob" events than there are those that are
foiled by gunfire. This ratio may change as more and more folks embrace
firearms. Remember the adage:

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!"

And my personal motto: "If you don't know what it is, kill it." (which works
equally well for both weeds in the yard and strangers in my bedroom)